Monday, October 5, 2015

one week at the beach



Things got a little crazy when we decided on Saturday the 19th
(after opening discussions on the topic that very day)
that we were going to the beach on the 26th.


What can I say?
We are fly by the seat of our pants people ;-)


It was sooo worth it!


It was our most relaxing vacation ever.


Most likely due to the fact that our little people 
are getting big.

that's not Jeremiah's white butt - it's his swimsuit lining pulled up - I promise

Also, I think everyone really appreciated getting to go on vacation,
because we weren't planning to take one this year.


The weather wasn't the best,
with it being so cold our final day there
that nobody got in the water,
so we will be sure to go earlier in September in the future.


Even with the lack of sunshine most days,
it was a fabulous way to spend my birthday week :-)

At least 5 dolphins came by to wish me a happy birthday on Wednesday! Incidentally, the only day we saw any dolphins...

I often found myself smiling.
Not a silly lovestruck grin plastered on my face,
but just a very contended small smile.
At least that's what I felt,
so I assume that's what it would've looked like....


We stayed at,
what appeared to be from our night-time beach walks,
the best condo on Gulf Shores,
The Lighthouse.


Thanks, Love, for a wonderful week! XO




3 comments:

  1. I have checked your blog pretty much every day waiting on a post!! lol. Anyway.
    1. Cool jelly fish picture!!!
    2. I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday at the beach!
    3. That last beach picture should be a poster!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kclouhoo for clarifying that it was a jellyfish. I was thinking alien. But what do I know? I live in the desert. Looks like an awesome birthday vacation! I'm so glad you had a good time. It is nice when all your littles turn into not-quite-so-littles. Slightly less work for mom and dad that way. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, perfect. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)